Attestation of Documents for UAE help please

applebutter

Attestation of Documents for UAE help please

Post by applebutter »

Hi everyone,

I have been offered a position in the UAE, but the attestation process for my documents seems a little extreme. My school even said that they would need an attested letter saying my high school diploma was legit. Has anyone else run across this? Additionally all of these documents need to be attested in Washington DC and the UAE embassy in the USA before being processed by the MOFA in the UAE. The problem is I don't live in the USA anymore, and I have not lived there for a long time. Does anyone know how I can do this process without having to fly/go back to the USA? It is really frustrating to the point that I am almost ready to say forget the whole thing.

Apple
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Mail. What they are asking for though doesnt make a lot of sense. Some of the documents such as an FBI CRB will be verified to by the DOS in DC, but most of the state things like transcripts, degrees, credentials, marriage/birth certificates are done by the SOS in whatever state they were obtained from. The DOS will just return them unattested to otherwise. Regardless, once you have the individual documents notarized from the provider of each source you send them to that states SOS (Secretary of State) for a verification (the UAE isnt a signatory to the Hague convention so they dont get an apostile). One you get all those back you send them all by mail to the UAE embassy for the attestation. Being out of country you will have longer wait times as documents move back and forth for you. Id consult with your IS to see if they will pay/reimburse for EMS mail.

It seems excessive but its no different than regions such as China which essentially have the same process.
Delphi

Re: Attestation of Documents for UAE help please

Post by Delphi »

I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago needing a document for the UAE and not living in the USA. I found a company that did everything for me based in DC and my school paid 50% of the cost. Your school knows what they are doing and this is just part of the process but is worth it in the end.