DDESS to DODDS vs. International School, is it worth it?

wrldtrvlr123

Re: DDESS to DODDS vs. International School, is it worth it?

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

AuntFlo wrote:
> Thanks, Psyguy. I'll tell my friend not to bother since 1.) is "only" certified as
> a School Psych and 2.) doesn't sound like they are looking to hire any new School
> Psychs from outside the system.
================
I would still say it's worth applying. I know of at least one counselor and one psychologist hired in the last couple of years and neither one is dual certified. Also, once your application is in the system you only have to renew it once a year and it costs nothing to stay active. It might be like hitting the lottery but you can't win if you don't play.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@AuntFlo

I dont disagree with @WT123, you just cant go into DoDDS much less a S.Psy thinking its like any other vacancy or job pursuit. It cant be your plan A or even your plan B, its got to be your plan C (and as a S.Psy maybe plan E) and right up there with winning the lottery. The application only takes about 30 minutes and renewing it yearly takes 5 minutes, so there really isnt anything to think that much about.
The problem becomes the frustration with applicants who think they are awesome and they deserve it, and nothing happens with their application year after year after year.
AuntFlo

Re: DDESS to DODDS vs. International School, is it worth it?

Post by AuntFlo »

Thanks, guys. So I had my friend go into the DODDS system to apply anyway as a School Psych and you know what? There's not even an option or a category for her to apply as a School Psychologist. There is School Counselor but not School Psych. I guess that is very telling.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@AuntFlo

Your friend should try again. I could find it on my side of the portal. Vacancies are listed by ascending numerical order not alphabetically, S.Psy is 0403.