Temporary Travel Insurance

PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Thames Pirate

Because its degrees of coin. If coin is no object why be an IT, why teach, just go wherever you want on your private jet and sit on a beach or whatever while the kids are in boarding school in the Swiss Alps.

You dont know that it gets you the meds. You might get insurance that doesnt translate into actual meds, or the coin is more than if you just bought the meds directly. Your essentially making a conclusion of a cost comparison, that you havent compared, and have no data to compare them to.

The LW doesnt need to get a 10 weeks supply, they can get 30 days so they really only need 45 days basically another month and a half, and depending on the medication it could easily be less than the premiums (and probably much less OS). The insurance may not have prescription benefits right away, they may have deductibles and copays, they may not be accepted anywhere that the LW is near and they may reimburse less than the meds. Its a lot of what ifs, finding out if you can just get a 90 day supply currently from your health care provider, and fill it directly is a lot less complex and doesnt come with premium costs.

Im all for getting insurance if it does what the LW needs it to do at cost lower than the alternative, but the data specific to the LWs case just isnt available.
Thames Pirate

Re: Temporary Travel Insurance

Post by Thames Pirate »

Yep, it's clear you are not rational and will say anything for the sake of arguing.

OP, good luck with the move and congrats on the job!
twoteachers

Post by twoteachers »

@ Thames Pirate

Good Point...which is why I started this thread in the first place...I'm looking for actual recs in the UAE for temporary insurance...all the companies I've tried so far won't let me enroll since I'm American....

Again...looking for recs on insurance plans please.....
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

Are you looking at American companies? Have you tried World Nomads? Again, talk to travel clinics and consulates.