Approaching schools at the Bangkok fair AND the London fair

durianfan

Approaching schools at the Bangkok fair AND the London fair

Post by durianfan »

I've got invitations for both the Bangkok fair and the London fair in January. Because of my location, it's much easier to travel to BKK than it is to London, but I'll go to both if I have to.

My question is about etiquette. If I approach schools at BKK, can I approach the same schools at London? If a school doesn't want to talk to me at BKK, or if I interviewed with them but haven't heard back, do I try again in London? The London fair is a few weeks later, so my thinking is that perhaps the schools attending both fairs will be less picky in London than in BKK.

Just wondering if anyone has gone to both fairs with this in mind.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

You can approach anyone you want, its your (signup) time. This is very easy to handle. If you interviewed with them, just say so when approaching the recruiter, they may even recognize you. If you were denied an interview, you dont have to say anything (I would recommend you dont).

Recruiters tend to be in one of two groups, either they want to sign contracts at fairs or they want to wait until after the BOS fair. LON and BKK focus on different IT populations, recruiters are looking at different groups and types of ITs its not lessor quality candidates so much as a different pool/type of candidates. Recruiters arent "desperate" at LON.
senator

Re: Approaching schools at the Bangkok fair AND the London f

Post by senator »

That is going to be an expensive proposition.

Yeah, just stand in line with resume/materials in hand, introduce yourself, tell them what you teach, and see if they bite.

Also schmooze and play the politician. I hope you get a good job, considering the money you are going to shell out to attend the 2 fairs.

Man, I sure don't miss job fairs.