American International School of Chennai

Climberman

American International School of Chennai

Post by Climberman »

Does anybody have any info? The paid site reviews are a little fuzzy - not bad, not good, kind of...nebulous.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Its a good school, its problems are problems with India not the school itself. They have an American and IB program, and they are the DOS school in the region.
sciteach

Re: American International School of Chennai

Post by sciteach »

I've interviewed with this school and also watched their 30 min info session at a fair. Overall - it seemed like a good school and they were quite open and honest about the school and living in the country itself.

I'd happily work at the school but I'm not sure about living in India. To the best of my knowledge - it's one of the better schools in India but it's location let's it down a bit.

They also have a very strong package along with good PD. They are not MYP and will not be in the near future if this is an important thing for you...
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@sciteach

They have DIP
Yo Teach'

Re: American International School of Chennai

Post by Yo Teach' »

Last edited by Yo Teach' on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Yo Teach'

DOS is "Department of State" referring to the the DOS assisted schools. DIP is "Diploma" referring to the IBs Diploma program. Some people prefer DP, but to the uninitiated that can have a completely different meaning that I dont want to be confused with.

I just think of it as a tax that someday I might get refunded.