Hearing back from schools?

eriniggy

Hearing back from schools?

Post by eriniggy »

I know it is still relatively early, but I'm just wondering if anyone has heard back from schools that you have applied to thus far via online postings? I've heard that after the Christmas holiday things start to pick up. Hopefully this is true!
Route66

Re: Hearing back from schools?

Post by Route66 »

I have heard back from a few schools, had a few interviews and turned down a few offers after seeing reviews or doing more research on the schools. a lot of shortlisting and interviews will happen in January I have two interviews currently lined up for January and more pending hopefully *fingers crossed*.

Although I have heard from most recruiters that this is just the beginning of the recruitment season and it really gets going in Jan/Feb.
sciteach

Post by sciteach »

I've heard back from a couple of schools, along with being contacted by a couple. However, most schools have not responded and unfortunately this is common. The past few weeks are also often the most busy time of the semester as the school winds down for winter holidays. Schools are writing reports and the such so most schools are focussed on getting a list of jobs ready and do not focus on employing until a little later.

Some schools have contacted me because I'm in an area of high need (Science/Math), but there has been a big difference in quality in the schools that have contacted me....
Yo Teach'

Post by Yo Teach' »

Last edited by Yo Teach' on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
senator

Post by senator »

Rte66:

Yeah, man. Let us know. We're all in this together.
zanyplum

Post by zanyplum »

I recruited last year and went to the Bangkok fair. I didn't start really hearing from schools until after January 1st, and then things started getting exciting. I wouldn't worry at all!
Route66

Post by Route66 »

I won't say the exact schools just yet as i am still searching and job hunting plus one of the offers is still on the table I'm just trying to negotiate but one of the schools was in Dubai and the other was in Qatar.