SIIS (Formerly Siam International School) Thailand

gp2002

SIIS (Formerly Siam International School) Thailand

Post by gp2002 »

I was just wondering if any of you know anything about this school. Because of new ownership, they have recently changed from Siam International School to SIIS.

If anyone has some information I would appreciate it.

Cheers
Mr.Cake

Post by Mr.Cake »

May have changed the name but it's still in the middle of nowhere!

Also it's currently advertising on Ajarn dot com, the main TEFL site for ESL teachers in Thailand, which doesn't bode well as to the credibility of the said school.
inman

Post by inman »

Change of name or otherwise, I would personally avoid anything associated with Siam International School. It was one of those places where you heard so much negative about the place that you didn't think it could possibly all be true, but when you spoke to people who had actually worked there you found out that it really was that bad. Believe all the bad press it has had. It's a few years now since I was in Bangkok and I know that things can change, but I think it's hard for things to turn around when they've been so, so far in the wrong direction.

I disagree about the place getting dressed up more though. One of the biggest sellers was the appearance of the place. The building is very nice and appears to show off a lot of modern facilities. I think anyone could be forgiven for passing by and seeing all their promotional products and thinking "This place looks alright". I think that's why so many people got sucked in, and then let down badly.

The location itself isn't that bad if you're looking to be away from the city. It's about an hours drive from Bangkok centre (if there's only a bit of traffic). There's a massive mall nearby (Future Park) and they were building a new Tesco, but that's about it. The benefit of the location is that you're an hour closer to places north of Bangkok than if you were living in the city. Whether you like the location or not though, I wouldn't even recommend Siam International School to someone I really dislike.