Lertlah schools Bangkok

chilagringa

Lertlah schools Bangkok

Post by chilagringa »

Does anyone know anything about these schools? I know they are accredited with Manitoba Education but that's about it. I have a friend who's decided a bit late in the hiring game to go overseas, and she has an offer there.
Mr.Cake

Post by Mr.Cake »

I remember reading about these schools on Thaivisa (dotcom) when I previously lived and worked in BKK. If you search "Lerthlah School Bangkok" on the site you will find a fairly recent thread there started by BKMBKK. Here's one of the posts to give you some idea of what to expect:

"From my personally experince with this school, I just can tell you: stay away from this zoo!
My both kids stay at Lartlah Navamin (the one mention about) about 2.5 years now.
The foreign teachers quit very often, due they disagree with the way of teaching the management force them to teach. The foreign teachers are getting just short term contracts with very low salaries compare to other schools. Therefore they are all so unhappy and frustrated as they told me. They will show you also nice brochures i.e. about healthy food they serve to the kids, but in fact the food has a 3rd world quality, rice with maggi souce or even noodles with fish or pork balls. Finally you pay quite a lot for a below average standard in each point. There are some others schools near by, like Pattana you should check out. By the way, most of their Thai teacher are not skilled either and even not qualified for this job as we employ one former teacher of our son like a nanny for just 13T Baht/ month. I think you can imagine what this means! Overall Lertlah is a typical example of Thai showbusiness."