Search Associates - Terms of Service

specialed

Search Associates - Terms of Service

Post by specialed »

Since we were talking about honesty and how wrong it was to violate terms of service to look stuff up about another teacher on Search. I do not belong to Search (never have), so I have to ask.

1. Is it okay to look up school info on your account and post it on a BBS such as the ISR Forum?

2. Is it okay to recruit at a Search Fair by hanging around the lobby, all the while accessing your Search account?
PsyGuy

Depends

Post by PsyGuy »

That depends largely who you ask, Im sure Search would say no its not OK. Search has more ability to control their database, then they do their fairs however. If your a guest at a fair hotel, Search cant really keep you from accessing the property, and the lobby of a hotel is a commons area.
lifeisnotsobad

Post by lifeisnotsobad »

How about asking yourself...what is ethical behaviour and what is not?
PsyGuy

Uhm

Post by PsyGuy »

Okay, I asked myself that, and nothing happened?
lifeisnotsobad

Post by lifeisnotsobad »

Sad isn't it...
PsyGuy

Kind of

Post by PsyGuy »

Yeah kind of sad I was expecting a shower of pixie dust, or at least the lights to go all dark or something.
lifeisnotsobad

Post by lifeisnotsobad »

Very strange...I don't quite understand why someone keeps editing my comment out while PsyGuy's completely unethical advice on various forums can remain. Perhaps a moderator could explain why?

I simply made reference to living a delusional life...I never actually said it was PsyGuy living it...
specialed

Post by specialed »

Let me tell you why. Psyguy draws page views. The admin of this site are not interested in truth, they are interested in selling subscriptions to the paid site - Psyguy helps do this. Look at the terms of service. You can literally write anything you want to about a school or an administrator - say something bad about a teacher and... delete.

I have come to the conclusion that the best thing to do is just ignore his comments and move on. Let him make a fool of himself. There is a saying about arguing with a fool... don't do it. He literally has nothing better to do.

I do however appreciate most of the other people who ask some good questions and try to do their best with questions that are asked. I really loved the Colombia and Mexico threads as those two countries sound fascinating. Thanks to all those people who answered my questions :)
PsyGuy

Thats what were here for

Post by PsyGuy »

I get it your a cheerleader for south and latin america. The purpose of this website and MANY like it though is to serve teachers, not administrators they have their own forums.

But since you brought it up, this is an anonymous forum. We can make claims about admins and schools because we know who they are, and we can attribute the "what" to the "who". You cant make a claim about a teacher or member of this site because you cant verify what you think you know.