Personal leave, ma/paternity leave, hours... I want to know!

StereoTyped

Personal leave, ma/paternity leave, hours... I want to know!

Post by StereoTyped »

Attempting to compare packages.

Does anybody get personal days that they can take throughout the year, no questions asked?

How does maternity/paternity leave work at your school? Do you get full pay or a percentage? How long do they give you?

What are the hours of your school (i.e., when do the kids come and leave)?

What are the class size caps at your school?

Thanks!
PsyGuy

Varies a lot

Post by PsyGuy »

I'm in Denmark. We get 2 years of maternity AND paternity leave. Its unpaid but you qualify for government temporary disability benifits which would be about 50%-60% of your salary. You can take up to three days of unpaid leave without reason. Beyond that you need to take sick leave. Our system is a bit counterintuitive, but your first day of sick leave is unpaid, after that its 80% of your daily rate. You can take up to 90 days of sick leave.

Classes start at 8:30 and end at 2:30. Teachers need to arrive 15 minutes before there first class, and may leave when there last class or mentor time is finished for the day.

Our PYP classes are capped at 15, with average around 12. Our MYP is capped at 20 with the average around 16. Our Dip. is unusual, DIP2 is at 8, and DIP1 is at 23.
Mathman

Post by Mathman »

My colleagues and I applied for a personal day on the same day. Boss decided it was best to take one too and drove us to the golf course for a round. Saved us the taxi ride.

It depends on how often you are absent and your relationship with others at the school. If you prepare tests so the subs can sit around and do nothing, then nobody really complains.