How much are you on track to save this year?

Lulu

quality of life overseas

Post by Lulu »

I agree that usually, unless you are in a "place of hardship" and/or get really low pay and have some sort of issues with a location or a school--------That quality of life overseas is usually always better in my opinion.
I don't like the North American life-style (US, Canada), the dependence on cars, the strip mallls and "My, Me and Mine" culture. I don't like the politics, the mind-set...etc. of the US at all. I have never felt at home in the US. Not to mention that the same problems and questionable treatment can crop up in US schools just as in overseas schools. People like to complain about injustice and ill treatment but mistreatment,
prejudice, sexual harassment, incorrect pay, and even theft of school funds have all happened in US schools.....Not to mention extreme violence and theft. One of my friends worked in a US school where the PRINCIPAL was using the students to run a multi-million dollar drug ring. She ended up going on the stand to put him in jail and now she can not go anywhere in a certain city or she could be targeted by his friends. No Joke!
specialed

Post by specialed »

Lulu, do not work in the Middle East/Africa. You have not seen sexual harassment until you've been there.

I also think savings is one of the easiest things to do, as well as one of the hardest things to do. After bills are paid, I usually have a big chunk of change left (the easiest thing), but travel opportunities buying the latest gadget makes it one of the hardest things to do to save. I kinda like having money directly taken out and sent to my savings portfolio. If I don't have it, I can't spend it :)