Yet more QIS questions, specifically Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

Bellarex

Yet more QIS questions, specifically Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

Post by Bellarex »

My wife and I taught at a small International Christian School in South Korea as our first ever teaching assignments. We took two years off from teaching to volunteer at an orphanage, and now we are looking to get back into teaching. We have 2 young daughters under 3. We've applied to QSI on a whim and was (as I've read is typical) emailed back a day later and offered a phone chat about two positions in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan and told the salary scale.

So here are my questions (I don't think I've seen answers to these ones on previous posts):

-Can anyone shed any light on the current state of things in Bishkek? Is it safe now? And the school, is it a good place to work under current leadership?

-What's the cost of living like in Kyrgyzstan/Central Asia? Will we be able to save a bit of money? I'd like to be able to save one of our salaries if possible.

-We haven't taught in America yet. Is this recommended if we want to eventually work in top-tier schools?

Thanks for any help!
koda

Post by koda »

Here is a blog I found when I searched for you on google: http://www.coocolms.com/Cooc_in_Kyrgyzstan/Welcome.html

There are a few others you could find as well which might help you see what the school is about. As for everything else, I cannot say, I work at a different QSI school in Eastern Europe, sorry. I can say that I haven't heard anything negative about the school there.
Bellarex

Post by Bellarex »

Thanks Koda, this is a blog I haven't seen in my searches. It's good to be able to read other teachers' experiences.