Frisco Fair update

Yankdude

Frisco Fair update

Post by Yankdude »

Update from the Frisco fair...... 1 word... LAME :evil:

I think a total of 46 schools made it. Several cancelled last minute. Not many positions at all. 240 candidates attending. You do the math and figure the odds.

Thankfully I did secure 5 interviews, but only 2 are really strong considerations. The others are just confidence boosters and interviewing skills maintance.

Lots of grumblings on the elevator rides to the rooms. I think most candidates are highly disappointed.
PsyGuy

:(

Post by PsyGuy »

Isnt lame and evil 2 words :) Sorry to hear that. I suspected as much though, the only fair that was even remotely productive for the majority was the BKK fair (and even that suffered with the addition of the new admin fair earlier in the year).

5 interviews, Im really sorry. thats a lot of sitting around time. I hope the two promising schools pay out for you.
missy

Post by missy »

So.... was this at the Search or ISS Fair ?
camiguinpiper

Post by camiguinpiper »

I would agree that there seemed to be very few jobs. My husband only had three interviews, which we were initially very disappointed about. However, he received two job offers and was told by the other school that they wanted to hire him but needed to wait until they had interviewed all the (single) candidates as he would be bringing a trailing spouse and two children.

He is a Math teacher which I know helps a ton but honestly we can't believe it b/c he is a newbie with quite the entourage.

I say this only to encourage people who have avoided applying for International teaching jobs b/c they have a trailing spouse and children.

Now we have to make the difficult choice between two fabulous schools with amazing benefits.

Missy- this was the Search fair