School of Nations - Macau

astarte

School of Nations - Macau

Post by astarte »

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this school? It is not listed on the review site. Thanks!
gr8teach

Post by gr8teach »

There is only one big international school in Macau and that's TIS. Even then some people wouldn't describe it as a true 'international' school as many of its students are Chinese. Its the main school though for all expats in Macau. Macau just isn't that expat drive as some other Asian cities.

That being said Macau is an awesome place to live. HK is close and its much more affordable. Once you've made friends with the right people in the miniature Vegas you can have a lot of fun.
PsyGuy

Agree

Post by PsyGuy »

I have to agree, I only visited once when i was in China, and everybody that lived there as an expat was there for the hotel and hospitality business (meaning .).

That said Macau is NOT vegas, Chinese that go there go to gamble, its not the "fun for the whole family", 'Something for everyone" type of place. Macau takes . (and vice) seriously.

If your a single guy and want the fast life, and can get a post at TIS, you REALLy can have a lot of fun. If you have kids or a family, its not the type of place I would be comfortable in.
wrldtrvlr123

Re: Agree

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

[quote="PsyGuy"]I have to agree, I only visited once when i was in China, and everybody that lived there as an expat was there for the hotel and hospitality business (meaning .).

That said Macau is NOT vegas, Chinese that go there go to gamble, its not the "fun for the whole family", 'Something for everyone" type of place. Macau takes . (and vice) seriously.

If your a single guy and want the fast life, and can get a post at TIS, you REALLy can have a lot of fun. If you have kids or a family, its not the type of place I would be comfortable in.[/quote]

I remember quite a few years back we were thinking about a school in Macau but there was something odd that put us off. It was something about almost having to apply to become a citizen or something. Maybe I'm mis-remembering but it was something odd like that.

I have heard that the . is super serious with no drinking and Elvis impersonators, but that Macau is very nice with European influences.
Chinuk

Post by Chinuk »

I know a few people who worked there in years past. I would not work there myself.