Seychelles international schools ( Mahe and Praslin )

qwerty

Seychelles international schools ( Mahe and Praslin )

Post by qwerty »

I would like to share some info. I have a good friend of mine who I managed to catch up with. She told me about her teaching experiences in one of the International schools in the Seychelles. There is one on the Mahe island and a fairly new one on the Praslin island. She told me that it is difficult to get by as a teacher there as food shopping is very very expensive (together with electricity bills etc). She also said she felt cut out because she was well away from the UK and that it was ultra expensive to visit relatives/friends etc. Most schools there are Tier 3 schools. The islands are beautiful but the stunning scenery does not look as stunning after a while.
PsyGuy

Review

Post by PsyGuy »

You should post a review in the reviews section. Thats where it will get read. Its going to get lost here on the forums pretty quickly.
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

No, Qwerty is not the one to post a review. If anyone does, it should be the friend who is actually teaching there. No one should post a review based on hearsay.
PsyGuy

Why???

Post by PsyGuy »

Its less hearsay, and more "reporting", as long as the review states that the information was taken from another source and accurate what difference does it make if it occurs through an intermediary???
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

In all honesty I do not feel I am in a position to write a review on someone else's behalf. I will however ask the person with direct experiences to review the school. Cheers.