International School of Curitiba - Brazil

guest123

International School of Curitiba - Brazil

Post by guest123 »

Can anyone tell me anything about the international school of Curitiba? I am very interested in teaching there but the reviews posted were just awful. The reviews posted were mainly from 2005-2007, so I was hoping for some up to date, honest information about the school.
PsyGuy

Not better

Post by PsyGuy »

I wouldnt work there, or even interview, youd really have to want to be in Brazil, to put up with the mess they have there.
guest123

Post by guest123 »

Thank you for the reply. Do you have any specific information you can give me?
PsyGuy

???

Post by PsyGuy »

How much more specific then AWEFUL is there? The formal review pretty much covers everything. Can I ask what it is your looking for? Im getting the sense you either really want to work there, or you dont have any other options (sort of like its this school or nothing)?
guest123

Post by guest123 »

Since the reviews were a few years old I was hoping a current teacher could give me something better than what is posted. It seems the same director is still there though, making me think things have not changed. I don't have to work there, and would not work there if things are as described. I am new at the international teaching scene, and I am considering going there because I have a brother that lives in Curitiba, so it would be nice. Right now I am just trying to do my homework...
I appreciate your input, from reading other posts, I see you are very knowledgeable about international teaching. Have you been doing it for a long time?
PsyGuy

Depends

Post by PsyGuy »

I figured, you had an extrinsic motivator (your brother).

Depends what you consider a long time. Ive been in it for 8 years , my first 2 in ESL, this year Im a junior admin (academic coordinator). I've been a consultant for 2 years during the summers. That said there are a lot of people who have been on the circuit for 20+ years.