Search Chiang Mai an experience!

wally1k1

Search Chiang Mai an experience!

Post by wally1k1 »

RCH experience
I was enrolled with SEARCH recently in Chiang Mai Thailand. Harry Dielman and associates. My experience with this group was mixed, but on the unsatisfactory side.
I took a job in Harbin China ( take a look at the evaluation on this site). It was not a good choice for me. As it is a brand new school and information on it was not readily available I asked Search and Harry in particular to help me out. I would have been better off phoning teachers at the school. The feedback I got was that it was a new school and Mr. Sookoo the head was well regarded. Thought I am sure he is an execellent teacher, as an administrator he was ineffectual. It was on the basis of a short conversation and this background info that I took the job. I was in no great hurry to get a job and really wanted to make a good choice. This wasn’t it!
After 6 weeks on the job I was called into Mr. Sookoo’s office and told I was being let go No reason was given at the time.
SEARCH - Harry Dielman was very helpful in negotiating some compensation for me. Although a significant part of my settlement went to the schools continued enrollment in SEARCH. Somehow finding a new teacher for the school was at my expense! Apparently the negotiations were somewhat self serving.
Additionally, I sent Harry a four page letter describing conditions at the school similar to the evaluation I sent to this site. The best he could say for the letter is that I have “scanned itâ€
seinfeld

Re: Search Chiang Mai an experience!

Post by seinfeld »

[i]I[color=darkred]t was on the basis of a short conversation and this background info that I took the job.[/color][/i]

That was probably your first mistake right there. A short conversation is not a good foundation to making a well informed choice of your next school.
wally1k1

Post by wally1k1 »

Yes - in my enthusiasm I missed a few things. Thanks for your reply
PsyGuy

Search

Post by PsyGuy »

Its important to remember that Search works FOR the schools, the schools don't have to do anything Search asks them to do.
wally1k1

Post by wally1k1 »

Yup - Just my point... Thanks for the reply