Why NOT to Fair

PsyGuy

Why NOT to Fair

Post by PsyGuy »

One of my friends in Italy is torn about going to the ISS fair. She doesnt WANT to go, but feels she NEEDS to go (this will be the end of her second year here, and with the tax rate she cant really afford to stay at her current school). Im having a hard time discussing it with her, because outside of "lots of teachers get jobs outside the fair", I cant really come up with any negatives about attending a fair, so any help, opinions, advice please?
davey

Post by davey »

Okay, I totally don't have advice, but I do have a question. You've said you lived in Italy, right? I get that the tax rate is awful after the first two years, but is it worth it to go for two years? I mean, I have been there before, and I LOVED it, and my major impetus for choosing the school to which I've applied is the location. I got an email back from the middle school principal (well, secondary school principal, as they group middle and high together under one principal) wanting to skype/phone interview with me - and, wow, what a pain scheduling that is going to be, what with the time difference and me leaving for the UNI Fair on Thursday morning. But, anyway, is Rome worth it for the two years? And, since there's only one review on the website, do you know anything about the American Overseas School in Rome? Thanks!

And good luck to your friend.