Competition for Western Europe

centennial95

Competition for Western Europe

Post by centennial95 »

So I am new to all this but was wondering if anyone had any idea about the competition for teaching positions in Western Europe. Again, I'm looking at schools in Germany, Belgium, and Luxembourg for the most part. Have put in my applications and am waiting. I don't know what to expect. I have hear that competition for these schools is not as keen as the cost of living is much higher than in some other parts of the world, but I am getting the feeling that I am getting nowhere....
PsyGuy

Competition

Post by PsyGuy »

Competition is very high, and ISB Brussells is one of the most desirable schools in western Europe. What's your resume look like?
seinfeld

Post by seinfeld »

The big schools in Germany are picky too.
lholz

Re: Competition for Western Europe

Post by lholz »

[quote="centennial95"]Again, I'm looking at schools in Germany, Belgium, and Luxembourg for the most part. Have put in my applications and am waiting. I don't know what to expect. I have hear that competition for these schools is not as keen[/quote]

I am not sure who gave you this information, but it hasn't been my experience. Many people want to live in Europe if they can. In Switzerland there are 100's of applicants for one position. Also, you have the issues of visas. If you do not have an EU passport, a school has to prove that nobody from the EU applied who was qualified to teach that position. That is an added complication.
centennial95

Post by centennial95 »

It's not so much that I've been told this. Just what I've read in various forums. It also seems like most international teaching forums focus on schools in Asia/Middle East...
I am a EU citizen, so I am hoping that this helps a bit...