Inbox full???

davey

Inbox full???

Post by davey »

So I am doing what we should, and sending off my resumes to the schools attending UNI who have open positions in my field, and the address provided re-routes to a different one (at the same school) with a full inbox. A full inbox. Seriously? So what do I do at this point, guys? Suggestions? The message I got back just said "try again later."
centennial95

Post by centennial95 »

How about going to the school's website and figuring out the email of the principal? Or is there maybe a generic contact form/email address?
davey

Post by davey »

[quote="centennial95"]How about going to the school's website and figuring out the email of the principal? Or is there maybe a generic contact form/email address?[/quote]

I guess so. It is the generic HR email address, and I couldn't find an actual personal one for the woman who runs HR. I just wouldn't want to annoy the principal if you're supposed to email HR, y'know? I think I'll try again tomorrow and then maybe I will see about emailing the director or maybe the division level principal. Thanks.
PsyGuy

Principal

Post by PsyGuy »

Id email an admin, such as the head or principal. Your not bothering them if they WANT to hire someone and if their inbox is full, and you have no other way to contact them, I'd rather be looked over then over looked or never heard at all.
davey

Re: Principal

Post by davey »

[quote="PsyGuy"]Id email an admin, such as the head or principal. Your not bothering them if they WANT to hire someone and if their inbox is full, and you have no other way to contact them, I'd rather be looked over then over looked or never heard at all.[/quote]

Good point. Would you suggest mentioning in the body of the email that I got a message about HR's inbox being full, hence me emailing him/her rather than HR?

Thanks.
PsyGuy

You

Post by PsyGuy »

Thats really your call, the only real freedom anyone has is making choices for themselves.

If it was me i wouldnt mention the full inbox, its not material. The head of the school is the hiring authority, thats who potential employees SHOULD contact.
dreamgiver

Post by dreamgiver »

I ALWAYS email the director and principal every time I send my information to the generic HR email. And about 90% of the time have gotten personal replies from either the director or principal that have morphed into skype interviews, requests to interview at the fair, or personal notifications when the position has been filled with someone else. I've always found their email address on the website, even though sometimes it takes a lot of hunting. And if you really can't find it, guess what it would be based on an email address you might find for someone else on the website.
davey

Post by davey »

[quote="dreamgiver"]I ALWAYS email the director and principal every time I send my information to the generic HR email. And about 90% of the time have gotten personal replies from either the director or principal that have morphed into skype interviews, requests to interview at the fair, or personal notifications when the position has been filled with someone else. I've always found their email address on the website, even though sometimes it takes a lot of hunting. And if you really can't find it, guess what it would be based on an email address you might find for someone else on the website.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice!