Multiple Vacancies???

PsyGuy

Multiple Vacancies???

Post by PsyGuy »

So I need some advice about applications. I have 20+ certifications, and many schools have much more then one or two vacancies I would be qualified for. How would you handle applying for more then one position/job with the same school??? Do I apply individually and email a dozen copies of the same materials, or just include all the positions on one cover letter? Or do i do something else?
Mr.Cake

Post by Mr.Cake »

This is posted on the TES website under reasons why candidates don't get shortlisted:

You apply for too many jobs: “I have seen on the TES website that your school offers many employment opportunities, and would like to apply for the posts of Senior Teacher in the Junior School, Head of Physics, Head of Psychology and teacher of English in the Senior Schoolâ€
PsyGuy

LOL

Post by PsyGuy »

OK that was actually funny. Serious face though when i apply for a vacancy, its less the individual position Im applying for and more because I want to contribute to THAT school. i want to convey that what subject im teaching is less important to me then being part of their community (not that its irrelevant that i really am certified in all those subjects).
wrldtrvlr123

Re: LOL

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

[quote="PsyGuy"]OK that was actually funny. Serious face though when i apply for a vacancy, its less the individual position Im applying for and more because I want to contribute to THAT school. i want to convey that what subject im teaching is less important to me then being part of their community (not that its irrelevant that i really am certified in all those subjects).[/quote]

I suppose that it would depend on the school and the number of positions available. If you are applying for one of the better schools, wouldn't you be better served by focusing on the areas you are certified in AND have actually taught? I would think in any case that detailing at least several possible specific positions that the school is trying to fill would be in your best interest (while also stressing that you are very interested in serving in any other capacity they feel may be a match for your training and experience).
centennial95

Post by centennial95 »

I have talked to one school about this, and they asked me to apply for each job separately because of the way they "catalog" their applicants...
seinfeld

Post by seinfeld »

I would think schools appreciate the versatility you can bring!

Last year there were a number of schools that had a couple of positions I could do and I just added them all in the same cover letter, with a short explanation. I suppose it depends on the school whether that's frowned upon or not!
abarisme

Post by abarisme »

Hi PsyGuy-

I'm new to this so I don't know how to send you a message privately. I've enjoyed reading your posts on this forum and you seem to have a lot of experience in the international education market. Would you mind responding to my post titled, "Do you think we have a chance as International teachers?" Something like that, I'm not sure the exact verbage I used.

Thanks so much! :)