Germany Phorms

lmnop

Germany Phorms

Post by lmnop »

I got an interview with Phorms with several vacancies throughout Germany. Their listed salary is 34000-50000 Euros with no housing allowance or accomodation. Is it just me or does that salary seem kind of low?
PsyGuy

Actually

Post by PsyGuy »

Actually thats kind of high, most people make in Germany and Europe average around €32K a year. You cant get rich teaching in Europe, and there isnt a lot of savings potential. Europe doesnt usually include a housing package.
lmnop

Post by lmnop »

Ok good. Money is great but it's not my main concern. I just wanted to know that it was a reasonable salary. I would hate it if I ended up at a school where I was just as qualified and hard working as anybody, and found out that the people at the school down the road was making way more.
centennial95

Post by centennial95 »

May I ask where you found that salary info? I've been looking at phorms myself, but couldn't find any information on salaries.
lmnop

Post by lmnop »

It was posted on the recruitment fair info website, which is probably only accessible to registered applicants.
PsyGuy

Salary

Post by PsyGuy »

You can get most of the salary info about schools from the schools profile page on Search. Ive been around europe a lot and on average thats just my estimate of mean salaries.
centennial95

Post by centennial95 »

But you have to be registered with SEARCH to access that information, right? I have considered signing up, but I am really just looking at a handful of schools mainly in Germany, so I doubt that SEARCH is worth it for me...
lightstays

Post by lightstays »

Any idea if Phorms hires non-EU residents?
lmnop

Post by lmnop »

I don't have an EU passport and they contacted me for an interview anyway, so I'm assuming they take non-EU people. Plus, the fair that they're interviewing me at is in Canada.
Roundtrip

Salaries overseas

Post by Roundtrip »

I taught in Europe (Austria) for a year and came back to the U.S. in debt. Haha, it was a fabulous year, but there is so much to see and do, your money will burn a hole in your pocket. I lived in a boarding school which closed on holidays. That meant, I had to eat every meal out for two weeks. You may not save a penny, but the memories will last you a lifetime.