English Schools Foundation - Any word?

doubtful

English Schools Foundation - Any word?

Post by doubtful »

Has anyone had a response to their application to ESF yet? The deadline for many of their positions was earlier this week. I just need to know whether to continue to be hopeful or not....

They had numerous positions in my certification areas posted. In the meantime, I suppose I'll keep cranking out the applications. *sigh*
wrldtrvlr123

Re: English Schools Foundation - Any word?

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

[quote="doubtful"]Has anyone had a response to their application to ESF yet? The deadline for many of their positions was earlier this week. I just need to know whether to continue to be hopeful or not....

They had numerous positions in my certification areas posted. In the meantime, I suppose I'll keep cranking out the applications. *sigh*[/quote]

ESf is actually on of the few organizations who will send an email telling you whether you have made the shortlist or have missed the cut. So, no news is, errm, no news.
MMMC

Post by MMMC »

Worldtrvl123-
As one half of a teaching couple, do you prefer attending a job fair to skype?
wrldtrvlr123

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

[quote="MMMC"]Worldtrvl123-
As one half of a teaching couple, do you prefer attending a job fair to skype?[/quote]

I would prefer interviewing while being waterboarded, compared to attending another job fair.

Seriously though, job fairs are very stressful, and unless you walk out with a great job, can be fairly demoralizing experiences. At our recent fair, we received invitations to interview as a couple and also as individuals, so being part of a teaching couple didn't seem to make much difference.

Unfortunately, I got close enough to our top two choices (they both told me that I was the only candidate left at the fair that they were considering, but in the end, they both decided to keep looking) that it was exciting, then depressing.

It did get us to re-evaluate our priorities and decide that we would accept positions for one of us, if the location/package/school was too good to pass up and if there were job opportunities at other schools in the area for the other half of the couple.
PsyGuy

Fairs

Post by PsyGuy »

I actually like the fairs. As a candidate I work and deal well with high energy and stress situations. As an admin, I like to see the opposite, teachers that seem stressed over a fair in their home country, I believe don't handle the inevitable stresses of living in a foreign country very well at all.
seinfeld

Post by seinfeld »

Well as long as school administrators sign up for the fairs and not rely on technology to hire their teachers there'll always be job fairs.
wrldtrvlr123

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

ESF invitations to interview for the positions that closed on the 17th started going out tonight.
doubtful

Post by doubtful »

Good to know! Thanks! That will make my difficult decision much easier :)
sequin

Post by sequin »

I received my interview offer on Wednesday, I believe not all schools have sent theirs out yet with it being half term.
wrldtrvlr123

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

[quote="sequin"]I received my interview offer on Wednesday, I believe not all schools have sent theirs out yet with it being half term.[/quote]

We have interviews for next week (Primary schools). Secondary positions close today.

We have a friend who applied but hasn't heard anything, yea or nay, so I assuming that all schools have not picked their shortlist, and/or they are waiting to see if all positions get filled before releasing the candidate pool.