Schools interested in teaching couples

KelBel

Schools interested in teaching couples

Post by KelBel »

I'm new at international school searching. I have read numerous times that many schools prefer to hire teaching couples. I am half of a teaching couple and I'm interested in a top tier school in Asia. Can someone suggest how I find out which schools actually WANT teaching couples? So far, I have not seen that published (formally) anywhere. I'd rather not waste my time with CVs and interviews if the school really wants a single teacher. One more question...will more schools be added to the Search Associates list as we get closer to the job fairs? There is a Thai school that I love that so far is not listed at the Cambridge fair. Is the list a work in progress or is it completely set? Any help is greatly appreciated.
calciodirigore

Post by calciodirigore »

Last year both Search and ISS posted on school profiles whether the school wanted singles, couples, and/or couples with dependents. I'm not sure if that's changed, but don't see why it would have.

It's very early in the recruiment season so, you probably won't see many schools on Search, ISS, TIE or TES. I attended the Bangkok fair in January of this year and shortly [b]after[/b] the fair, 4 new positions that I was interested in were posted. Some schools don't require teachers to state their intent until mid January. My school in Germany, due to local law, didn't require teachers to say anything until mid February. If you haven't seen the school you're interested in yet, don't panic.

As a teaching couple, I think that every good (well paying that is) school would be interested in your candidacies.
wrldtrvlr123

Teaching Couples

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

Heya Kelbel:

As a wise man once said, most schools and especially most top tier schools are always interested in teaching couples that fill their needs.

The list for fairs with Search is mostly set, but there will always be a number of schools that drop out or get added as it gets closer.

Oh, and you've got mail.

D
mbynum

Post by mbynum »

We decided to go with SEARCH and once you have everything in their system you can access school profiles. Each has indicated if couples are preferred. This along with the average pay, info on all packages, and savings potential is listed under each school. We have found it extremely beneficial.