Would you apply?

anomalous

Would you apply?

Post by anomalous »

I am sure this isn't the first time it has been asked, but here is the scenario....

Top school in (for me at least) desirable location advertised early in October, I applied and did not hear back. The job / additional post has been advertised again.

I appreciate that the worst that can happen is that I just hear nothing back again, but interested in how Admin view somebody applying again. Is it worth my time re-writing/completing another detailed application form? Can/should I just email to let them know I I still interested and ask to be considered again when they obviously didn't shortlist me last time? The advert doesn't say one way or the other whether previous applicants would be considered.

Thanks
OzGrad

Re: Would you apply?

Post by OzGrad »

Personally, I would leave it unless for some reason they did not receive your initial application.

It may be useful to call the relevant person and ask if there is anything particularly lacking in your application.

Cheers

OG
anomalous

Post by anomalous »

Yeah I kind of agree - I think what has changed, plenty more fish in the sea? Just that nagging thought....
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Unless you have some strong indication that they didnt receive your application, they arent interested at this point. That doesnt mean they wont be interested later. They could very well be in the screening phase and are building an applicant pool, and nothing stood out about your application that warranted a fast track to the recruiter. They may not have even made a short list yet, they may have posted the vacancy again to "freshen" it (move it higher up towards more recent vacancies).
If you want to belay you doubts, I would not apply again, but send a brief email asking if they had received your application materials.
anomalous

Post by anomalous »

Good advice - thank you.
McTeacher

Post by McTeacher »

I was recently in the same situation. I sent them another message through SA that was titled "Continued Interest" and wrote a short message saying that I was still interested in talking with them. I attached my previous message, just in case.
I was contacted by the school two days later with an interview request.