CV/Resume

NeoEagle

CV/Resume

Post by NeoEagle »

Hey everyone, another question from a first timer. When schools ask for a CV/Resume what exactly are they asking for? I have a long form CV (pretty much anything of merit I have ever done in my life) that I created for when I apply for summer adjunct university jobs that is about 5 pages long. I also have a 1 page resume for regular job interviews. Which one of these forms are HR departments looking for? Should I send both or keep it to just one? I have the 1 page resume on all my major recruiting website accounts but also attach my long from CV in the "Other Documents" section for good measure.
shadowjack

Re: CV/Resume

Post by shadowjack »

NeoEagle - a CV is a double sided document that should have your info/skills/employment/references on it. If it is too shallow, it won't attract attention. If it is too long, they stop reading. Strike a balance, young Jedi.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

They are referring to the short one page "resume" you described. Dont send both unless requested specifically.
NeoEagle

Post by NeoEagle »

Thank you PsyGuy! After several interviews they did not request anything more than my one pager, and offered me the teaching position! Now the planning begins!
Helen Back

Post by Helen Back »

My resume is two sides and is much like the above, however I generally put references on a separate sheet.