minority ethnic teachers (MET) at int'l schools

ac917

minority ethnic teachers (MET) at int'l schools

Post by ac917 »

Good Day.

I have found the blog on 'teachers of colour' captivating. As a ‘teacher of colour’ myself, I certainly have my fair share of stories.

https://internationalschoolsreviewdiscu ... /#comments

The responses in the blog encouraged me further to focus my Masters dissertation on minority ethnic teachers (MET) at international schools, inclusive of those who have attempted to teach overseas. If you are a ‘teacher of colour’, I would appreciate your willingness to complete a questionnaire so I may formally gather data on MET experiences, especially during the hiring process. I am also looking for individuals willing to conduct an interview over the summer holiday, most likely by email or by Skype. In both cases, anonymity and confidentiality will be respected.

Though I know there are always exceptions, the focus of this dissertation identifies MET as:
• certified teachers/educators from major English speaking countries, such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States of America.
• either citizens or permanent residents of these countries.
• teachers/educators who have attempted to enter international teaching or are currently teaching overseas.

Currently, I am NOT looking for host country teachers (e.g. English speaking Singaporean teaching at an international school in Singapore) or teachers from typically non-English speaking countries hired purposely to teach a world language (e.g. China/Mandarin; Colombia/Spanish; Lebanon/Arabic).

If you are willing and able to participate in the questionnaire and/or interview, please contact me at ac917@bath.ac.uk

Thank you in advance.

Alan
ac917

Re: minority ethnic teachers (MET) at int'l schools

Post by ac917 »

If you haven't done so already, please consider completing the questionnaire on your experiences as an overseas minority ethnic teacher. I'm aware it is the summer holiday for most, but it can be done by the pool over beer, wine, margaritas... :) Thank you in advance.

Alan