Island Academy - Antigua

Academic integrity of Island Academy
Effectiveness of administration at Island Academy
Academic and disciplinary support provided at Island Academy
Director's involvement in academics at Island Academy
Fair and equitable treatment by board and director at Island Academy
Island Academy has adequate educational materials on hand
Attitude of local community towards foreigners at Island Academy
Cost of living in relation to salary at Island Academy
Satisfaction with housing at Island Academy
Community offers a variety of activities at Island Academy
Availability and quality of local health care at Island Academy
Assistance with visas, shipping and air travel at Island Academy
Extra-curricular load is reasonable at Island Academy

Comments:
I had few expectations for Island Academy - Antigua beyond those assured me in my contractual agreement, which included: safe, clean, single housing. I was given what I was led to believe was shared accommodations, only to find out that it was not shared at all, but rather belonged to another teacher. Subsequent search for accommodations cost me over $500 in car rentals and over six days of searching, unsuccessfully, for appropriate living quarters....

Two other teachers at Island Academy - Antigua, unhappy with their accommodations, joined with me....

Over 7000 Candid Reviews of International Schools
Over 1-Million Comments, an Extensive Forum and Blog Venue

Given that some schools are strictly entrepreneurial, get-rich schemes looking for the right face to complete the deception, you definitely don't want to gamble your career on promises made by a school Director who may not have your best interests in mind. Stay safe! Consult International Schools Review and see what those who have gone before you have to say before you commit to a contract.

Over 7000 Candid Reviews of International Schools