alberto einstein, quito

bay

alberto einstein, quito

Post by bay »

any information would be appreciated.
cricket

Einstein

Post by cricket »

Are there specific things you want to know about the school? I teach in Quito and know of Einstein but not a lot of details. Einstein is a school for local students and most teachers are also locals ~ definitely not an International School and I don't think they pay much ~ especially since the cost of living here is rising pretty quickly.
hope that helps
bay

Post by bay »

hi cricket,

just wanted to know how the school was thought of within the general community.

how big the school was and if anyone had had a chance to look at the campus.

What is its location? good for city/bad for the city?

You know, just anything in general!!
calciodirigore

colegio einstein quito

Post by calciodirigore »

I worked in Quito for a couple of years and the Colegio Einstein was widely regarded as 4th tier in terms of the schools in the city. At the top was the Cotopaxi, followed by the Colegio Americano and just below it the Colegio Menor.
I visited the CE a couple of times doing MUN stuff and found the place nice enough, but not exactly what you would want from an international teaching gig. The school is also strongly linked to the Jewish community. Some people don't like mixing education with religion - wasn't a problem with the few people I knew that worked there.
Hope this helps.
cricket

Post by cricket »

I agree ~ Einstein would be considered 4th tier. Academia Cotopaxi is the top school that is the most international with embassy kids and wealthy Ecuadorians, many with two passports. After that it's Americano then Menor but these schools are mostly nationals. I doubt Einstein pays much and the cost of living is going way up in Quito as is the crime rate.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Does anyone have experience or has heard about the British School in Quito?

I saw them advertising for staff a while back.
cricket

Post by cricket »

The British school is pretty small and again, mostly Ecuadorians. It's definitely not an International School. It's in a nice suburb of Quito but quite a bit outside the city and downtown.

I'm not sure if this is normal for British schools but it's very 'old school'. Teachers give information and students spit it back ~ no inquiry based education or anything along those lines. My source is a student and parent I have who has a brother going to the British School.