GOING TO WORK OVERSEAS WITH YOUR PARTNER STAYING AT HOME?

djbambi

GOING TO WORK OVERSEAS WITH YOUR PARTNER STAYING AT HOME?

Post by djbambi »

Hello everyone,
here is the deal.I signed a two year contract for India for next August.I am a teacher, my partner is not.So, i am gonna go by myself and he will come as often as possible and i will go back to France as well for the holidays.

Anyway, the idea of being apart is of course, difficult to figure out.
We have a strong bond and want to end up together.We have been together for 2 years and have plans together for the future.

So, my question is: does anyone here had to face this situation and how did you handle it?

Thanks a lot if anyone can share some experiences with me.
jeffofarabia

Post by jeffofarabia »

Long distance relationships can work but from my experience they have always ended because of distance. Maybe your partner can come out and try to get work in India. I think that would be the best way to make things work if that is what you want.
deweyjap

long distance relationships

Post by deweyjap »

I work and my husband stays home. We have also been married for two years. It has been the most difficult for him as he would like to be working and feels he is not contributing. What works for one person may not work for another. My husband is trying to get something started in the place we work but it is difficult. The employer has not made things any easier by placing us in a small one bedroom apartment with no storage area. I think that if your husband is the sort of person who can keep busy and has the kind of job that warrants travel, your idea of traveling away to France and/or his visiting occasionally might work. If you ask me if we will do this again...yes as a matter of fact. We will move to a new position in August of this year. Is it for everyone...I don't think so. You have to do what is right for you.

J
schnurtz

Post by schnurtz »

I have been with my partner for 12 years. We were in Germany for 9 years together and when he retired I decided to go back out on the circuit. For the past three years I have been in SE Asia and he comes out in October and leaves at the end of April. He has to get his own visa. It has worked out well. He keeps very busy during the days and we have traveled extensively throughout Asia and are still going strong.
Sometimes I think the break from middle August to October and May and half of June have helped our relationship a lot.
It works exceptionally well for us.