ISS vs Search

BellaLuna

ISS vs Search

Post by BellaLuna »

I am sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything about it. We are trying to figure out which agency we should sign up with to try to find a job for the 19/20 school year. In the US, my husband is certified to teach Special Ed and I am certified to teach Foundational and Advanced Math as well as Elementary Education. My husband has six years teaching Sped at various grades, but prefers secondary. He will have two years as a Sped Facilitator. He has a Masters and some EdD coursework all in Sped. I am fairly new at teaching. I finished my first year teaching special ed (even though that's not my training) and will teach middle school math this year. We have three dependents. So I know we won't be be highly competitive, but I'm hopeful we'll find something. We are not too picky about location. Saving would be nice, but we are more interested in travel opportunities. We prefer larger cities, but can be flexible as long as we can travel. Based on these factors, which agency would you recommend to us? Would it be appropriate to sign up with both agencies? TIA
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

SA/Search, parsing all the metrics SA is likely going to give you both the least optimization and the least margin for disappointment, its the safest.

No, wouldnt be worth it to do both. I would suggest you add TIE as well.