Singapore Search Fair October 19-21

bing1980

Singapore Search Fair October 19-21

Post by bing1980 »

I'm thinking about attending a fair next job search and see that there is a Search fair in Singapore this year that's very early in the recruiting process. What does everyone think about this fair? Would it be better to just attend the Bangkok fair in early January?

Thanks
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Its a regional dump fair. While the intent to return date keeps coming earlier and earlier and no doubt we will be there sometime in the future, we arent to the point of handing out keys at faculty orientation and requiring intent notices yet, which is what you would need to do for an IS to know its staffing needs by mid October, such that it could reasonably recruit. The SG fair will be a collecting resumes and casual chit chat event, with very little actual hiring.
shadowjack

Re: Singapore Search Fair October 19-21

Post by shadowjack »

I second PsyGuy - it will be for the nervous nelly type A teachers who just HAVE to know and can't handle uncertainty, and schools which want to 'beat' other schools to candidates. I notice that no schools are listed yet - only countries in SE Asia and northern Asia...