websites for admin to rate teachers?

sid

Re: websites for admin to rate teachers?

Post by sid »

And some of our favorite teachers are the ones who notice problems and bring SOLUTIONS to our attention.
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

Strongly disagree with the previous contributors, if leadership was diplomatic or benevolent this site wouldnt exist, there would be no need for a review and evaluation side. Its just leadership and its cheerleaders claims of self interest that they are never the problem, they always listen to ITs and none of them would ever seek to avenge themselves against an IT who spoke out against them, its bunk and it fits the description of the majority of leadership rather than the minority.

Regardless, there is no black list or coordinated chain email, etc.. Its at most a post it on some leaderships file cabinet culled from a few generically plain notices on the message boards of AISH.
JDK

Post by JDK »

PsyGuy wrote:
> Strongly disagree with the previous contributors, if leadership was diplomatic or
> benevolent this site wouldnt exist, there would be no need for a review and evaluation
> side. Its just leadership and its cheerleaders claims of self interest that they
> are never the problem, they always listen to ITs and none of them would ever seek
> to avenge themselves against an IT who spoke out against them, its bunk and it fits
> the description of the majority of leadership rather than the minority.
>
> Regardless, there is no black list or coordinated chain email, etc.. Its at most
> a post it on some leaderships file cabinet culled from a few generically plain
> notices on the message boards of AISH.

As usual, there are plenty of things that could be said in response, but I don't see the point. Those who have spent any amount of time on this forum know that your posts say far more about you than the schools and leadership you claim to know so much about all over the world.

For others reading this, I have encountered both toxic teachers and toxic leaders. The common element isn't the position; it's simply people. In the case I mentioned previously, the teacher didn't ask for a reference, so we simply let his departure drop, and no one responded to his review of the school. I've encountered other (less drastic) cases as well: a teacher who brought a student out to watch him drink (as a "psychology experiment" as he termed it), one who took an extra vacation and lied about missing a flight, etc. Obviously in cases in which the issue concerned student welfare, honesty was required when asked. But in others (such as the teacher who lied about his flight), I gave a good reference for his teaching ability when contacted and simply observed that he needed to mature.

On the other side, I've been fortunate enough to work under three great heads (a position that I don't think I'll ultimately pursue myself), but I've encountered others who definitely were not suited for leadership. I would again reiterate that greater accountability is needed for people who choose to move into those roles, so it makes sense to me that a site like ISR exists for them when one for teachers does not.
sid

Post by sid »

It all comes down to your view of humanity.
I believe the world is full of people all doing the best they can, the way they see it. When I look around, that's what I see.
Teachers try really hard to do their best. Leaders try really hard to do their best.
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

sid wrote:
> And some of our favorite teachers are the ones who notice problems and
> bring SOLUTIONS to our attention.

Then you're the type of administrator for whom I would love to work! Thankfully, my experience has been mostly those with this mindset, but I do know how toxic a different one can be. I, too, believe in a partnership between admin and teachers and believe that most people are doing their best--and my experience is in line with that.
sid

Post by sid »

The toxic ones are toxic indeed. I've known a few, and suffered as second-in-command to one of them. It was awful. But yeah, overall, I've been lucky enough to work with good people. Some were a more effective than others, but that's not the same as being toxic.
Being an optimist and a believer in people doesn't mean I'm blind to the darker side of things. It's there. But I refuse to ruin my life by basking in the negative.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@JDK

Your right what would be the point in another member of leadership self praising themselves for being understanding, benonevelent, and all round awesome, nothing we havent heard before. Especially with your stories about "bad" ITs but all your HOSs are amazing, yeah no bias there.

@Sid

Thats nice, it realy is, how do you explain the evil, vile leadership the ones we all know are there, wheres there good side, where are they doing the best they can as they see it. I suppose evil sociopaths see the world differently and thus what they do is to them the best thing to do.