Daegu

tommypizza

Daegu

Post by tommypizza »

Has anyone been to Daegu? Can you give me any info on what it's like living there?

I see that its very hot...but what else can you tell me?
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

What do you want to know?
It has a sizable US military presence, and tensions in some circles can be high. Theres always talk about NK attacking, but most people arent really "worried" about it, its been the same story for a long time and you can only stress about it so much before its just exhausting.
Due to the US Military presence, there is quite a bit of expat accommodation towards western amenities, imports and resources (theres a Costco). There isnt the culture shock that youd find in Seoul. That said its hot and its small in the sense that its not Seoul. Most of the night life and social access is in the downtown area, and there are a number of significantly sized Unis that make for easily accessible social opportunities. Its a pretty easy location to get around in, and everything tends to be pretty reliable. Things work, when they dont they get fixed quickly. If your a routine kind of person, who gets up, goes to your IS, then grabs a whatever afterwords and then either goes out/shopping on the weekends and goes back home its a very easy location to do that. It just doesnt have the energy Seoul has. There just isnt a whole lot to do thats very different from anywhere else in the world.