Trouble getting child's transcripts released from the school

Thames Pirate

Re: Trouble getting child's transcripts released from the sc

Post by Thames Pirate »

Transcripts show things like your PE credits or if you took chemistry (even though you took IB bio). Transcripts show that you aced a class even if you only received a 2 or 3 on the exam (which would be bombing it for many students). IB results are not a transcript.

OP, the IB results might help, but they don't replace the transcript. You should keep plugging away AND have IB results sent. Good luck!
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Thames Pirate

Thats your definition of a transcript, and its not a universal definition of a transcript. Transcripts provide three pieces of required data: Course, date, and results. IB results show that.

@jstwatchin

Your child is already completed junior/community college, it wont be long before those transcripts are moot. I would submit the IB transcripts from the IB, while pursuing a complaint with the IB
jstwatchin

Re: Trouble getting child's transcripts released from the sc

Post by jstwatchin »

Thank you again everyone for your input! My daughter inquired with the admissions offices, and yes, it was sufficient to send them the IB results - for all of those that required proof of high school graduation. Given how far along she already is in her college career, I'm hoping that we will not need anything from the school again. You guys have truly been a life saver!
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

@jstwatchin

The IB results transcript usually is. First, there is a significant difference between a 1YA (1st year admit) and a "transfer". They only care that you graduated from somewhere thats accredited, and if there is any application for advance credit. Second, that transcripts arent what a lot of counselors rep them to be. Even with 1YAs all they want to know in addition to the above is that you have the minimum/recommended/advance number of credits across subjects and what your GPA is. Since the IB Baccalaureate is standardized, they really just need the results transcript.