Psyguy: help me!

Vernacular

Psyguy: help me!

Post by Vernacular »

Moving from a school in a South East Asian country to a school in the Gulf.
Plenty of paperwork to have notarised /stamped etc.
Plan on doing this in Bkk., during June - August, as I've no wish to return to my Commonwealth citizenship country just to get some paperwork stamped.
Have written to the Gulf country's embassy in Bkk, explaining what I have to do and amazingly, they replied, but in the negative. No they couldn't help me.
As a last resort I could, in theory, just arrive in the Gulf country in August (I'd get 90 days on arrival) with as much done as possible and take it from there.
Psyguy: you know the ropes on this old vessel better than most. Any suggestions?
dude

Re: Psyguy: help me!

Post by dude »

hey. i am in the same boat. I emailed docs to a friend back home. They got the notarizations and mailed them directly to the school for me.
shadowjack

Re: Psyguy: help me!

Post by shadowjack »

Use a visa expediter. I have done that in the past - just sent all my docs in to the expediter and have them do all the running around.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

It would help me giving you more specific direction if you could be more specific on the documents you require?

If your going to be in BKK, go to YOUR countries (British) embassy. Can probably get everything attested to there, for a fee, and its pretty high £50 each. A number of local attorneys and legal firms will perform this service as well, usually one fee for all your documents if you have a lot or at least a cheaper fee for each one. I would recommend Bangkok International Associates in BKK.

If you have a lot of documents @SJ makes a good argument at a certain point a processor is cheaper than the embassy.