Phony principal gets outed by students

peachestotulips

Phony principal gets outed by students

Post by peachestotulips »

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/ar ... 82464.html

ISR this phony admin has some unfavorable reviews on this site. I'm sure the school board and these students would benefit greatly from all the reviews of her on here. You should contact them because these are the type of people that give us international educators a bad name. 19 years of scamming schools with her fake credentials. Even one of the reviews here says "She is apparently not qualified for the job as evidenced by the KHDA."
I'm glad she got outed!
helloiswill

Re: Phony principal gets outed by students

Post by helloiswill »

Pretty crazy. I find unbelievable that the board did so little homework on who they were hiring. Scamming schools in certain countries, while unethical, might be possible, however, it was very audacious of her to try that in the US. I suppose after decades of living the lie abroad she started to think it would work anywhere.
peachestotulips

Now Washington Post is running the story!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... f#comments
shopaholic

Post by shopaholic »

There are a few teachers at my school with fake credentials. I'm also fairly certain admin knows this, but chooses not to notice. It is an open secret that we have a middle school teacher with no BA degree.

This story does not surprise me at all.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Its all over everywhere, the only issue I have to add, is its entirely reasonable she does have a legitimate doctoral degree, but not one that meets that states requirements.
sid

Post by sid »

Interesting.
Skeptical about everything except a thoroughly discredited degree wielded by a shyster.
peachestotulips

Degrees earned from US institutions can be easily verified regardless of if the school has lost its accreditation. They've automated the process. She should have been able to prove her degrees.

Getting documents attested and getting an apostille doesn't authenticate a degree. You can get any document apostilled. It means nothing.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Sid

Im skeptical of skepticism, but that includes the acknowledgment that it would not be an entirely unreasonable conclusion that the degree is legitimate, however unlikely it may be.
Cooldude

Post by Cooldude »

I've come across a number of teachers who have fake credentials and as another poster said, admin. doesn't bother especially if they are cheap to hire. I've also had a 'fake' principal and I am sure he was using some kind of fake name and had a passport in that name but too expensive to investigate.