Accreditation International

honeymustard

Accreditation International

Post by honeymustard »

Hi everyone,

Recently my school decided to start the accreditation processs. From some reason the Principal of my school decided to use a company called Accreditation International. Has anyone here heard them? Are they a legit organization? The whole process with tem just feels a bit shady.

Thanks,

Honeymustard
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

They are bunk. They accredit for a lot of institutions that basically cant secure regional accreditation. They do however have an affiliation relationship that gets them MSA (Middle States Association). However, they arent any different than CIS, and at least CIS has name recognition. Some of their claims are highly questionable for instance they claim their partner affiliate NCPSA is listed on the US DOE, well thats true but that doesnt mean anything. The US DOE does not endorse or accredit K-12 DSs or ISs.
You pay the fees, and costs and you get a pretty certificate of accreditation. I understand why your leadership would. Its relatively cheap compared to other programs $2k for the membership fee, $350 for the application and $500+travel for the site visit.