Should I follow up post Skype interview?

squaretortoise

Should I follow up post Skype interview?

Post by squaretortoise »

Hi all!

I had an interview via Skype about a week ago. I was told I'd hear news by early this week. In your experience/opinion, is following up a good idea?
b12r

Re: Should I follow up post Skype interview?

Post by b12r »

Could not hurt... but be prepared to hear something you probably do not want to hear.

In my brief experience, if they tell you that you'll hear back by early week and you have not they might have offered to another teacher. This happened to me twice. Somewhat rough but that is recruiting.

I hope I am wrong though! Goodluck
squaretortoise

Post by squaretortoise »

Ha, I imagine you're right! I just wish they'd let me know either way as I keep checking my email like a crazy person.
b12r

Post by b12r »

Completely understand! I was the same way. Best of luck!
helloiswill

Post by helloiswill »

Most schools I dealt with this hiring cycle got back to me promptly. The one school that missed the deadline they had set to follow up with me e was waiting to interview a few more teachers before they gave me an offer. I ended up settling for an offer that was on the table instead of waiting around for the "perfect" school. Shoot them a message -- if they aren't going to offer you the position then you haven't lost anything but, if they are going to give you the job, a follow up email certainly won't dissuade them!
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

A followup email would be appropriate. However, the rule is when an IS wants you they act like they want you. If they told you they would reply back by X date and its passed X date either they are greatly disorganized (not at all improbable) or they are focusing on someone else at this time.
squaretortoise

Post by squaretortoise »

This is all very helpful and very much appreciated!
squaretortoise

Post by squaretortoise »

In case anyone is reading this and wondering the same thing, I did follow up and the principal told me she had forwarded me to the director for a final interview so that was the hold up. I heard from him today as well, so good news all around.
b12r

Post by b12r »

Congrats! I am glad i was wrong for a change lol!
squaretortoise

Post by squaretortoise »

Thanks!! :)