International Schools in Delhi that allow me to train for iP

Arsenalfc

International Schools in Delhi that allow me to train for iP

Post by Arsenalfc »

Hi everyone,

My spouse has applied for a job in Delhi and if successful, we will be moving there in June. I am interested in studying for my iPGCE and was wondering if anyone knows of any international schools that will allow me to teach and train at the same time. I realise this may be for low or no pay and that is ok.

Many thanks in advance,

Arsenalfc
PsyGuy

Re: International Schools in Delhi that allow me to train fo

Post by PsyGuy »

Are you take the course through Warwick? Neither Nottingham nor Sunderland have a practicum component. There are a number of ISs that provide no formal objection to their ITs in studying while working, but you have to arrange an appointment based on your resume, like any job. The best strategy is going to be find out where you will actually be and then start with your spouses ISs, they will be more supportive to a collaboration, than a cold IS. After that if you are unsuccessful start with the BS in the region/locality, then move out and down the tiers of ISs that provide a UKNC. Once your on site, feet on the ground and can schedule a meeting in person you are going to be in a stronger position to be successful.
joe30

Re: International Schools in Delhi that allow me to train fo

Post by joe30 »

The PGCEi doesn't require working under a UKNC school. Loads of ESL'ers get it to move into better jobs, and most of them will be working with local students under a local curriculum.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@joe30

This is true you can do it in any IS or DS (even an ES), why do it at all if there are programs that dont require field work. If there is a particular attraction to a program that does require field experience than youd be better with one of the US programs such as Teach Now that actually provides a credential that can be used to obtain actual QTS. If there is some reason this PGCEi and the field experience, it would still be better to start at the top and work your way down the tiers of ISs and DSs. All an IS/DS can say is no and the goal of field experience aside from completing program requirements is to obtain a reference or testimonial that gives you some utility. In addition the field experience can lead to an appointment, and if your doing a free audition you might as well start at the top.
joe30

Re: Reply

Post by joe30 »

@PsyGuy

I thought potentially, one could use the PGCEi to get US teacher registration, then apply for QTS? In that sense, it really doesn't matter where you do your practical experience (or even if you do any at all).

I'd much prefer to do any credential in an ESL-type school than a first tier international. The second group actually have standards, whereas the ESL school will just sign off the paper when required without doing all the observations, data gathering and other BS. If the end result is the same credential, do the easier option. Especially because in this case the disadvantage of the ESL school (lower pay) won't apply, since the first tier IS probably isn't going to be paying you anyway.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@joe30

You can get a PGCEi and apply for US credentialing and then use that to obtain QTS, and in that regard yes you can achieve the same outcome. In so far as that final outcome it doesnt matter how you got there including where you do your field experience. The issue are efficiency, why do the extra steps going the PGCEi if your going to do field experience anyway, the locust factor of a PGCEi is that its the only option that doesnt require field experience. The second issue is utility. You have a PGCEi you have a stronger utility profile and marketability focusing on that NC, especially for a candidate whose resume is a lot of white space in regards to DE/IE.

I wouldnt agree with that position. An ES will be easier, but offers only minimal utility, youll complete the program but you gain nothing else. Whereas doing field experience in an IS is going to result in a reference with greater utility and the potential of an actual appointment.

If you want easy just create an email account for an ES with a pseudonym and certify yourself. Why do anything at that point, when there are PGCEi options that dont require field experience at all.
Why even bother with the PGCEi, apply through UT for an APT credential, it requires nothing more than a degree, PRAXIS assessment, and a CRB.