Teaching in Germany

Thames Pirate

Re: Teaching in Germany

Post by Thames Pirate »

Hamburg and Berlin Are very cosmopolitan, just without the skyscrapers. To some extent Munich is as well, just at a slower pace. But if you get bored in Munich, it really is your own fault, and you would likely be bored anywhere.
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

@Thames Pirate and I would appear to agree on Berlin, but disagree on Hamburg and Munich. Frankfurt is cosmopolitan (international lifestyle), Munich and Hamburg are metropolitan (large city scape).

I strongly disagree with @Thames Pirate on the standard of boredom. You can very easily be bored in Hamburg and Munich and be absolutely enthralled somewhere like BKK or Brazil, etc.. Any comparison to those dichotomies as being equivalent in terms of excitement (or its antithesis boredom) is crazy talk.
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

Of course you disagree. But Hamburg and Munich, especially Munich, are very international, though by percentages Frankfurt might win because it's so small (under 700,000). Makes it hard to compare with London or Tokyo.

Boredom is largely of one's own making if there are enough options around. German's big 3 have options.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Thames Pirate

We disagree.

I wouldnt classify Hamburg or Munich as Cosmopolitan. Frankfurts the only real Cosmopolitan city among them.
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

Lived in all three, have you?