All Alone Out Here?

OzGrad

Re: All Alone Out Here?

Post by OzGrad »

Judging from your posts, I think it is your attitude.

Just my 2c.

OG
darwin

Post by darwin »

It is my experience that more and more schools now require you to apply directly via their website. Many schools use Search as an advertising site but expect candidates to follow up through their own application systems (Schrole, etc.). If I were you, I would look at each of your interested schools websites and apply directly through there rather than relying on the Search 'application' system.
reisgio

Post by reisgio »

I understand the perspective of the original poster. This time of year can feel mighty lonely if one has not gotten his or her first interview all while putting out a lot of strong applications. I would just hold off on getting too agitated yet. Good things come to those who wait. I am finding many schools are holding off on serious recruitment until after Christmas this year. The thinking goes, "we are going to the fair, might as well make use of it." Word on the street is slightly, but noticeably, less pre-interviewing this year than last.
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

Associates with SA are hit or miss, some do a decent job of mentoring their candidates, some cash their check and open the database and you never hear from them again.

I agree that individual application is becoming more and more common place (part of the reason for the introduction of Schrole). Its a change that candidates in IE will have to adopt to, its still better than the historical 6-8 page system of paper applications in the UK. Id rather copy and paste data into an application field than either write by hand or format word applications with each paste. The rule has always been to make a personal application rather than rely on an SA interest application.

I concur with @reisgio, many ISs are delaying applicant review until after the holidays, unless youre part of the early recruiting cycle. Many noob ITs believe (erroneously) they have a resume that includes them in early recruiting.