"Quick and Dirty" Certificate??

hallm

"Quick and Dirty" Certificate??

Post by hallm »

I'm certified, and hired. Looking at options for next year.

My wife is working through teach now -- won't have a certificate until Summer.

The school I'm with now won't consider anyone who isn't currently certified.

I'm wondering if there would be a way for her to get an "emergency" certificate from someplace -- anyplace -- even if it's only good for a year so that she could use it for landing the job for next year, and then switching to a full certificate over the summer.

She needs it ASAP.

Someone suggested the UTAH provisional license, but that requires a Praxis. I'm looking for something fast that we can perferrably do from abroad.

Thanks,

Mark
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

THE GOOD:

The only "emergency permits" in the US (and to my knowledge AUS, CAN, and the UK) she would be able to obtain would all require being sponsored by a hiring/employing DS. The options available to your spouse would be the NJ CE, but it requires more work than the UT credential and the UT APT route to a credential.

The UT credential requires the PRAXIS, but there are test centers available overseas in many major metropolitan cities. You can search test center locations here:

https://www.ets.org/praxis/register/centers_dates/

You will also need to obtain a CRB for your spouse be having fingerprints obtained and returned to UT, this step will take longer than the PRAXIS testing, as finger print cards will need to be mailed to you, have your prints rolled and then return them to UT for processing. It wont be done by January if you do it overseas.

THE BAD:

If you are just looking for something, you could consider getting a rinji menkyou, which is a temporary teaching license in Japan. You fill out an application, submit your degree and transcripts and pay the fee (¥10000), it is fast, there is no CRB, its something. You would likely have to travel to Japan.

THE UGLY:

Two options, 1) You could start looking through the various state and regional databases for a DT that matches your spouses name or perhaps their maiden name, easier if your spouses family name is common.
2) There are a number of various religious organizations that issue pseudo credentials and certificates, or letters of standing, you could apply for one of those or just fabricate one on the computer.
wrldtrvlr123

Re: Response

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

PsyGuy wrote:

> THE UGLY:
>
> Two options, 1) You could start looking through the various state and
> regional databases for a DT that matches your spouses name or perhaps their
> maiden name, easier if your spouses family name is common.
> 2) There are a number of various religious organizations that issue pseudo
> credentials and certificates, or letters of standing, you could apply for
> one of those or just fabricate one on the computer.
========================
You offer great information about the murky and confusing world of certification but I really wish you would stop at the bad and consider NOT advising people to commit fraud (or at least how to do it).

Do you really not see how that is harmful to this forum and to the profession in general?
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@WT123

I DO NOT advise I inform, only data matters.

Weve had this discussion before and a significant number of major contributors commented in agreement. This is why i adopted the "good, bad, ugly" categories so that the readership would understand that not all information was presented as equally advisable.
wrldtrvlr123

Re: "Quick and Dirty" Certificate??

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

PsyGuy wrote:
> @WT123
>
> I DO NOT advise I inform, only data matters.
==============
That's probably the least relevant use of your stock answer yet (but if someone is playing PG Bingo they must be happy).
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

@WT123

Its not irrelevant because you deem it so. Im quite proficient in the us of firearms, that doesnt make me a murder. Im a chemistry teacher and know how to make controlled recreational substances, doesnt make me a meth cook (IE Breaking Bad). As a chemistry teacher I also know how to make explosives, and it doesnt make me a terrorist (making exothermic high energy reactions is pretty easy, its little more than understanding ReDox reactions).
Like sharks data and information does not posses a moral quality. What people use them for to do to other people therein lies the evil. All the evil in this world was produced by human beings of which you are equally a member.

This is a FORUM (if you disagree on this assumption please scroll to the top of the page) and as a forum its purpose is to provide an arena for discussion and discourse, and I do not require your consent or counsel to participate. Nor am I subject to your characterizations based on your inferences or perceptions. Your paradigm is your own.
wrldtrvlr123

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

PsyGuy wrote:
> @WT123
>
> Its not irrelevant because you deem it so. Im quite proficient in the us of firearms,
> that doesnt make me a murder. Im a chemistry teacher and know how to make controlled
> recreational substances, doesnt make me a meth cook (IE Breaking Bad). As a chemistry
> teacher I also know how to make explosives, and it doesnt make me a terrorist (making
> exothermic high energy reactions is pretty easy, its little more than understanding
> ReDox reactions).
> Like sharks data and information does not posses a moral quality. What people use
> them for to do to other people therein lies the evil. All the evil in this world
> was produced by human beings of which you are equally a member.
>
> This is a FORUM (if you disagree on this assumption please scroll to the top of the
> page) and as a forum its purpose is to provide an arena for discussion and discourse,
> and I do not require your consent or counsel to participate. Nor am I subject to
> your characterizations based on your inferences or perceptions. Your paradigm is
> your own.
=============
LOL. You do blather on with pseudo intellectual nonsense and apparently love your epic battles with the strawmen that you create yourself. I never even implied (much less stated) that you should not participate in the forum. I guess if ISR doesn't mind you advising people how to commit fraud then who am I to object.

I guess I will just go back to not responding directly to you since would prefer to argue with yourself then admit that anyone else has a point.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@WT123

Yes you did you wrote, "I really wish you would stop at the bad and consider NOT advising people to commit fraud".
hallm

Post by hallm »

Advising people to commit fraud is really bad advice. Just sayin'
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@hallm

First, I dont advise I inform. Second, the candidates spouse is already enrolled and completing their EPP/ITT program, they will have (their own) credential before they enter a classroom. This is producing a piece of paper so some recruiter can check a box and give the spouse an interview.