Global Recruitment Collaborative?

elizamina

Global Recruitment Collaborative?

Post by elizamina »

Has anyone heard of or used Global Recruitment Collaborative?

My husband and I have been out of international teaching for the past two years, and we're looking to get back in possibly for next year. We're good with Search and Schrole, but I reached out to one of my contacts, and apparently there's a new game in town - Global Recruitment Collaborative.

They've already held a fair in Dubai, and I see a lot of schools are signed up for them. My contact says that hiring is now happening in October/November, so we've pretty much missed the window for this year.

Any merit to this? Can someone tell me what's going on, please?
b12r

Re: Global Recruitment Collaborative?

Post by b12r »

There is already a thread regarding this. Maybe 10 threads below this one.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Its a swap fair, the "Dubai Dump" a regional/local fair for ITs within the region, the ME, to move around to other ME ISs. These ISs were never very competitive so they employed some shill ISs, and tried to get out in front of the traditional recruiting cycle. You can find the recent discussion here:

http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v ... f=1&t=6135
Walter

Re: Global Recruitment Collaborative?

Post by Walter »

“Its a swap fair, the "Dubai Dump" a regional/local fair for ITs within the region, the ME, to move around to other ME ISs. These ISs were never very competitive so they employed some shill ISs, and tried to get out in front of the traditional recruiting cycle.”
Dave, are your hemorrhoids hurting again? You seem really irritable.

Elizamina, this is a new fair set up by a few schools who wished to cut out the middleman role of the agencies and so be free to all-comers – schools as well as candidates. The progenitor was American School Bombay. (Tragically, Dave thinks India is in the Middle East.) Among the so-called “shill ISs” who were “employed” were American Embassy New Delhi, Singapore American School, International School Beijing and UNIS Hanoi – obviously all schools that are prepared to sell their souls for thirty pieces of silver.

Who knows whether the idea will work or not, but the nay-sayers should remember that all recruitment fairs start off small and the good ones prosper.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@elizamina

Except its not free to all comers you need to have been affiliated with one of the member ISs, you also need to have submitted your intent letter before you would be accepted, which given the time of the fair can be very early, especially in the EU if you have until Spring.

India is not in the ME, but there were other ISs from outside the ME, but it is a predominately an ME fair, those other ISs were nothing but shills. 30 pieces of silver is too much, but despite the fair being over for a month there hasnt been anyone to really get a job that wasnt a swap at one of the other ME ISs.