Africa

reisgio

Africa

Post by reisgio »

Are there any places in Africa I can get first world healthcare? I want to go there next but I just really don't want to endure hospitals like I just experienced last month where I am currently posted in what is considered a first world city in a third world country.
mamava

Re: Africa

Post by mamava »

Your best shot is probably Johannesburg. We lived in Tanzania and have had friends living in other countries and it's common to fly to SA for medical work that can't be done in your resident country.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Capetown/Johannesburg will be your best options, and their medical facilities are fairly advance.
expatscot

Post by expatscot »

Cape Town / Jo'burg as others have said, but there may well be a reason for that....
crypticvenus

Post by crypticvenus »

We're currently in Abuja, Nigeria and went to look at a couple of hospitals a few days ago since we're finishing up Fall break and have some down time. I've heard good things about the Turkish hospital here. We didn't get the opportunity to tour the facility to see individual departments. However if there is an emergency this is where we will more than likely end up.

http://nizamiyehospital.com/
sitka

Post by sitka »

First world emergency services are pretty much restricted to Nairobi and South Africa.
jboeh2

Post by jboeh2 »

Nairobi has good care (Aga Khan). Otherwise, SA has the best within Africa, though more challenging to land a job, I'm guessing.
geoguy

Post by geoguy »

Hi there, I hear Botswana has good private hospitals. Also good private schools that might be worth checking out. Good luck!