Schrole Premium?

eion_padraig

Schrole Premium?

Post by eion_padraig »

Hey folks,

So has anyone (besides SighGuy because I've blocked him) paid for Schrole Premium either recently or during the height of last year's recruiting season? Did you think the number of jobs was worth it? Is it comparable to TIEonline? Better? Worse?

I'm wondering if Schrole tends to get used more by international schools in certain regions of the world more than others.

It seems like there has continued to be more fragmentation in how jobs are posted/advertised with SA losing some of it's former market share. But I thinking I may still sign up for SA to maximize opportunities. I see jobs through my social networks too, but I suspect there's still more jobs posted on SA that I want to see.

Eion
expatscot

Re: Schrole Premium?

Post by expatscot »

I'm registered with the UK SA office, so not quite sure why Schrole think I'd pay for the same service as SA do for me for free (I know people registered with other SA offices have to pay)? With a quick look I can't see any difference.
Helen Back

Post by Helen Back »

Yes, I paid last year. Very few jobs on there. I wouldn't pay again.

Why did I pay? Well, because I had already applied for two jobs on there, so all my references and info had been completed. I thought it would be easy to pay up and click on job ads for other school. However, there really weren't that many jobs to click on.
vandsmith

Post by vandsmith »

i think that some schools use schrole exclusively, which seems kind of silly to me - more annoying than silly actually. as a SA member, or TIE, i certainly wouldn't pay for it though.

v.
eion_padraig

Post by eion_padraig »

@vandsmith, @Helen Back,

Thanks for that information. I figured that might be the case right now. Maybe it will develop into a more useful source over time. It seems like it's fairly new and doesn't have that much traction yet.

Eion
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Schrole is not a jobs database or even a recruiting service, its a contracted application management system used by ISs that have minimal recruiting needs.
It has much less utility than TIE, and you can apply for all of their positions directly from the ISs HR page. Its very easy to bookmark those ISs and just visit them. Its not worth the $75 for premium membership. Its not going to develop into much more than it is, its an application management system, not a recruiting one.