UNI Recruitment Fair Database

higgsboson

UNI Recruitment Fair Database

Post by higgsboson »

Is it worth it to register with UNI just to get access to their data base?
It only costs $50 but I have no intention of actually attending the fair.

Any ideas?
Teach1010

Re: UNI Recruitment Fair Database

Post by Teach1010 »

I realize maybe you're more interested in their job listings, but if you just want their Fact Book you can buy it for $30. I did that last year and I feel like I've gotten my money's worth out of it. It includes salary and package info, which is sometimes difficult to interpret on ISR and ISC. If you're definitely planning to recruit this year, I would think the extra $20 to also get their job listings might be worth it. I would also recommend it if you are focusing your search on American international schools.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

I dont think so, its a small database, and its just for that one recruiting year. TIE would be a less expensive and more productive investment opportunity.

I disagree with @Teach1010 in regards to definition of terms. It would be more accurate to claim the fact book focused more on ISs that use an American curriculum, as opposed to American International School.
I also dont find the fact book a very strong investment, but it does have longer utility than the database, though the information is more accurate as a guideline in terms of comp metrics.