Global Recruitment Collaborative, Dubai Fair

PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@GRC

I doubt you are a "Colleague" to the majority of the forums readership.

Bunk, leadership sales and marketing. SA has had a F2F fair in Dubai for a while, GRC isnt the first and its not event their first, they have hosted other recruiting events in the past.

Its not an initiative because the majority of those ISs withheld disagreement.

Cut out the middle-man, what a novel idea, about a third of the educational professionals outside the classroom are middle-man and they dont like not getting paid.

Its redundant to claim "at their cost", there was a cost before with the premium agency fair, all their doing is shifting those costs, and some savings. Theres no integrity, no altruism, no greater benefit, its some carpet salesman in leadership trying to save some coin, putting out a shingle.

Yeah hire for the ME, as if that isnt a year round task that is a necessity in that region.
alexout

Re: Global Recruitment Collaborative, Dubai Fair

Post by alexout »

@GRC
Thank you for the clarifications and the update. They are very helpful!
Glerky

Post by Glerky »

@GRC

Thanks for your input.

One of the best connected people in international education is a member of this board and may have a negative slant on what you are attempting to do. This person has a great amount of respect on this board and people are constantly thanking them for their well thought out and informed posts. I'm sure this person is the HOS somewhere and we are just so lucky they come here to share the wisdom they have gleaned from years of being a know it all wherever they have lived and worked.

Good luck GRC.
auntiesocial

Post by auntiesocial »

I'm currently at a school that is part of the Global Recruitment Collaborative. Our school has a rule that once you have officially given notice, you are eligible to register. I have joined along with a colleague from my department. There's a bunch of well established schools with excellent reputations using the site and candidates can scan through potential jobs much like the SA site. I know of three people who have secured very good jobs through this initiative last year. My school, which is frequently mentioned on this site in lists of top tier schools in Asia, is heading to the inaugural fair.

I would challenge Psyguy to provide details of a single recruitment event they have held prior to this one.
fine dude

Post by fine dude »

Only the top school in Brussels, Singapore, and Zurich excite me.
Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

With only a week until GRC's first face-to-face fair, I was wondering how candidates who are participating in the fair have been progressing as they pursue schools? Have interviews been lined up already or is it more of a 'we'll see you at the fair'?
southeast asia

Post by southeast asia »

I am a little confused as to how non GRC candidates are registering. I tried looking at it and it said you need to be working at or be an alumni teacher of the schools listed so I am not really sure how anyone else could even get in.
mamava

Post by mamava »

If you are not working at a GRC school, you can't go to their fair, I believe. The basic idea of the GRC fair is that the schools in this group have the opportunity to have a first crack at each other's teachers who are moving on. One of the ideas is that because these schools have hired certain teachers, there is a presumption that they are of a certain caliber. HOS's and principals can talk about the candidates in a much smaller circle of potential hires.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@ southeast asia

I concur with @mamava, you cant, its a swap meet for local ITs who are already on the inside of the collaborating ISs. Its a transfer program, essentially what QSI does on a less formal scale.
vandsmith

Post by vandsmith »

you dont need to be currently with one of the schools, but had done so in the past. wish this was in place before i left!

v.
expatscot

Post by expatscot »

I'd heard about this from a colleague in one of the GRC schools. You don't have to be either a teacher or an alumni teacher to register - their website says:

Can candidates from non GRC schools register?
Yes.
Candidates from non GRC schools can register for the database and attend the Face to Face Fair in Dubai. To sign up for the GRC candidates will need to log in as alumni of the Global Recruitment Collaborative. You must use your personal email address when you sign up as an Alumni of the GRC or as an Alumni of your previous school.

However, I know for certain at least one of the schools on the list (I'm not going to name it here) is suffering from a mass staff exodus at the moment, so I'm not totally convinced!
Glerky

Post by Glerky »

If you are in the Dubai area why wouldn't you come to this? It's free... there are several Asian and European schools but really it is for people who want to stay in the ME.
fine dude

Post by fine dude »

It would be great if other elite/Tier 1 schools in Asia join GRC and conduct region-specific job fairs. Would be a fantastic money/time-saving alternative to SA. Where can I petition GRC?
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Glerky

Because then youd have to stay in the ME, before going to a premium fair and finding out what your opportunities and utility is.

@fine dude

Already been done, HK tried the same thing several years ago, it was never well organized or productive.
Glerky

Post by Glerky »

@psyguy

Some people like the ME and want to stay or come here... if that is what you want... this is a cheap early fair for you. I know of three top tier ME schools who are going and will be offering contracts. This GRC may not work in the long run but Search sucks. Someone has to do something.