Stats, Pros & Cons (Oh My!)

NewsAdviser

Re: Stats, Pros & Cons (Oh My!)

Post by NewsAdviser »

@Psy Guy--

O.M.G.

I just had to log on again to say a very big ((((THANK YOU))) once again for suggesting the ETS SLLA exam!

I spent some time on the ETS site today reading about the test, my state's requirements, and doing the practice test...

..And at risk of sounding overconfident, but in being completely honest --I am very pleased to report I aced all of the practice questions with little effort. I found it so easy that I am practically ready to just pull out my credit card and sign myself up for a test date without further preparation.

Yikes -- is the test really all that would be required of me to earn this licensure? In other words --would I not, to your knowledge, have to complete a practicum supervisory period? And how marketable (do you think) the School Leadership licensure would be to IS's and/or DoDS's? Do you think this licensure would help get me past age caps on work Visas as an "expert" in my field?

And perhaps most importantly -- how close (do you imagine) the "practice" test is to the actual one?

Again, any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Kind regards--
N.A.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@NewsAdviser

I do not know what your states requirements are, but the assessment to administration pathway in D.C. is exactly that. You need to pass the SLLA exam, have an earned Masters degree (any subject), and two years of documented professional educator/classroom teaching experience. You will need to have a CRB completed as part of the application. There is no requirement for a EPP program or completion of a practicum/field experience.

Its not just an exam you would have a full regular type II administrator credential from the District of Columbia. The credential is valid for 4 year and is renewable. You can find the resources here under certification option 2:

http://osse.dc.gov/service/school-admin ... -principal

DODEA would accept your credential, and it would have the same marketability and utility as any other regional credential from a licensing authority. However, as far as utility of your full resume, you wont have and would likely be competing against leadership candidates who have an M.Ed in Ed.Ld.

Yes, the administrative credential would likely qualify you for a management visa in regions where you were not eligible for an educator or similar visa. An IS could use the management pathway to a visa even if your appointment would be to a classroom role.

I dont need to imagine, its nearly identical. I had my doctorate when i applied for my D.C. administrator credential, I wasnt going to do another Masters just to complete an EPP program.
NewsAdviser

Re: Stats, Pros & Cons (Oh My!)

Post by NewsAdviser »

@Psy Guy

Simply put: You Rock!!!

Many thanks --
N.A.