Completing applications to graduate school

TeacherGal

Completing applications to graduate school

Post by TeacherGal »

Are there any recommended companies that can help complete applications to graduate schools in education?
coughingfurballs

Re: Completing applications to graduate school

Post by coughingfurballs »

Do you mean that you want help with writing the application essays, or just collecting information?

It is tedious to gather up all the information, I know, but if I were you, I would try to do it myself since you should be trying to tailor each packet to the individual school. Sometimes, there are subtle ways you can do this even when listing simple facts/required information; if you pay someone else to do it, they may include all necessary info, but the apps won't each have the same care and attention to detail you could provide yourself.

If you need help writing the application essays, you should plan to draft each one multiple times. Use the first draft to get the information down. Then go through again to check for grammar/syntax issues. Get a trusted friend (English teachers are good for this) to read it at this point, and to offer feedback. Then give it a final polish. It is really best to write it yourself this way, rather than to pay someone else to do it.
TeacherGal

Post by TeacherGal »

Yes, I was hoping to have an organization do it for me. But maybe that's not the best way. It's just that I may not know what the universities are looking for and maybe a professional organization understand what I need to emphasize, etc.
fine dude

Post by fine dude »

Nobody can tell your story better than you, even if it takes little longer to write and polish your thoughts. You can always seek a second opinion in the form of proofreading, though.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

No offense, but if you need a company to apply to grad school for you, perhaps that is a sign?
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

There are a number of Uni preparation organizations, Google will give you plenty of options. You want to identify the Uni and the location as most of the companies specialize in certain regions and and degrees.

I would advise you find an experienced editor for your essay and do the rest of the application management yourself.